Tuesday, May 30, 2006

And again it starts ...

Another summer, another trip ... another blog ...

Here I am sat in my room in Oxford. It's finally stopped raining, and the sky outside my window is clear. (Well, it's cloudy actually, but let's not spoil the story.)

Clear skies - a clean slate, perhaps. A new summer, a fresh start, another stab at making my mark on this big world. Time to cross another place off my "to go" list (yes, I have one, and yes, it's very long). And this time it's Sri Lanka - the pearl of the Indian ocean.

What's in Sri Lanka? Warm and friendly people, festivals, breathtaking national parks, and, of course, delicious food. A lot of fun, a steep learning curve, a 21st birthday.

Oh, and ...

MOSQUITOS. Mosquito spray! Mosquito nets that don't work. Malaria pills. BITES! Swollen ankles. Terror-seeking motorbike riders. Rickshaws. Ripper offers. HEAT! Stomach bugs. Sunburn. Honking horns.

Ouch. Think I'd forgotten all that.

Comments:
I love you! xxx
 
You have been passed to me via a very proud Father. Good luck and keep safe - I am sure that you will soon be at the end of that list even if it is very long, you seem completely determined. Make sure your Dad keeps me informed it really brightens up by rather dull life by comparison. Best Wishes, Caroline @ PDH xxxxxxxxxxx
 
Fantastic Sam, you go girl! You make sure you keep safe and keep that blog updated for all us stationary oldies.

Lots of love

Jan
 
Thank you Caroline and Jan! It's lovely to know you'll both be reading. :)

Sam xx
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]