Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Cheeky mosquitoes

Sri Lankan mosquitoes are my new aspiration: they are persistent, never-failing and more than all this: downright cheeky.

Newsflash: Sam is ITCHY.
Explanation: My new repellent is a lotion, not a liquid, and my skin is now permanently a pasty-white colour. Annoying, but useful, I thought, for gauging when to reapply. Wrong.

Warning issued: A lesson for you all - it might look like it's still there, but it's NOT. Reapply!
Evidence for warning: The night that I didn't slap on a second coat, a single mosquito hopped, skipped and punctured its way down my arm. TEN TIMES.

Further warning: Mosquitoes are cheeky. Cover EVERYTHING.
Evidence for further warning: Get this - the top of my arm is free of bites, except for one tiny area ... underneath my watch. When I applied, I generously covered the skin both before and after my watch. Since when are mosquitoes this cheeky: biting bare skin underneath chain gaps? I have four bites to show off here!

Consequence if further warning is not followed: Watch must be worn on other wrist. Victim will cause unwanted laughter by (frequently) turning up the other (and now empty) wrist to see the time.

Comments:
Hey Sam!

Don't let the mosquitoes annoy you too much. Things will get better.

You see, they will have to stop once your whole body is covered in bites and they run out of space... ;)


-Richard
 
Oh Sam, I don't think any of the mosquito stuff works, either that or you are completely irresistible to them! lol missing you very much
 
Richard - thanks for the thought. ;) LOL!

Cem - missing you very much too, I'll email you soon. Just to say though that I was almost in tears of laughter over your letter, it made me smile so much. xx
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]