Sunday, June 18, 2006

"Mr. Samantha" has arrived ...

Last night we landed in the dark. We could see lights from the window: big, bright, lights. Whole areas would lurch into darkness: powercuts, I thought! "Look, that district's had a cut ... oh, and that one! And that first one's gone again!" I said. "Hmm ..." my neighbour replied. "It's either that, or we're just going through clouds". Ah. Yes ... that might have been it.

Landing was smooth, and I was soon in the taxi queue. A person from my hotel was supposed to meet me. Yes! I could see my surname on a sign. Yes! It was preceeded by Samantha. But what was that at the start? A Mr.? Oh dear. Damitha, my AIESEC contact here, warned me that Samantha was a boy's name in Sri Lanka. Suspicions were duly confirmed.

So, first impressions of Sri Lanka. It's LUSH. It's tropical and the colour green is everywhere. Oh, and humid too. Ever see that episode of Friends where they're in Barbados? Remember Monica's hair? Yeah, that's me at the moment - it's positively giant.

Will write more later ...

Comments:
When I saw the post title, I thought you'd found love already ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]