Thursday, August 17, 2006

Himalayas!

I am to return to India.

I'm using my 21st birthday money to head to the Himalayas and go trekking.

I am very excited, but let me get a few things straight. I have never officially been "trekking". Neither have I been camping. Nor have I ever been without toilet facilities for four days running. ("The forest will be your toilet", my guide instructed.) Seeing as I have a non-budging mental block re: all hole-in-the-ground facilities, next week should be interesting.

I fly to Delhi tomorrow, and meet up with David - my travel partner in crime. We then have the luxury of a beautiful hotel in the capital, before an early rise on Saturday when we are to embark on India's trains. Upon arriving in Mussoorie, Uttaranchal, we have another gorgeous hotel waiting for a weekend of acclimatising.

Then the trek will begin. Descriptions of "four hour uphill walk" and "three hour climb" grace our itinery.

I am feeling somewhat meek. Prayers should be directed towards my stamina and mental well-being.

... back in a week!

Comments:
And please could prayers also be directed towards her Mother's stamina and mental well-being too!!!!
 
Lol, agreed!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]